AOMEI Partition Assistant Helps You Resize Partition without Losing Data
AOMEI Partition Assistant, as a partition manager, which specializes in accomplishing all operations in disk partition management. It is easy and reliable to resize, create, delete, format partition and more advanced partition operations. As we know, resize partition can not be supported by earlier Disk Management snap-in in Windows XP, 2000, 2003. Luckily, AOMEI Partition Assistant has the functions which the Windows "Disk Manager" doesn't have.
Partition Assistant allows you to resize the partition with low disk space safely. Usually, resize operation covers both extend and shrink operation. First of all, You need to download the software and install: Download AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional Edition
As an instance, I took a screenshot of the disk partition layout before proceeding. You see a C drive with 20 GB total size and 12 GB free space. Keep these values in mind because they will change at the end of this article.
1. Launch AOMEI Partition Assistant as administrator privilege and you will see the main window. (I suggest you close all other programs before launching the software.)
Shown as above, the C: drive is 20 GB, and the D: partition is 44.6 GB. Now I want to shrink D: partition to 29.6 GB, and extend C: drive to 35 GB. How to realize with AOMEI Partition Assistant? Please read on.
2. Select D: partition. Right click on it and select "Resize Partition" in the drop-down menu.
3. In the pop-up window, position the mouse pointer on the left handle and drag the slider bar rightwards to shrink D: partition as shown below:
4. Click "OK" button to return the main window. There will be a block of contiguous unallocated space behind C: drive. Then, select C: drive and drag the right slider bar rightwards to extend partition.
5. To save all changes, do not forget to click "Apply" button on the toolbar. After that, click "Proceed" button to move forward with the process.
When all operations are finished, AOMEI Partition Assistant will give you a report. Hereto, resizing partition operations have been completed successfully! Besides, no reboot is necessary.
And, just to prove that the partition resizing process was a success: now C: drive is 35 GB total size and 27 GB free space - 15 GB free space has been moved from D: partition to C: drive. NO data loss!
In fact, it's not easy and safe for most individual users to resize partition, because improper partition resizing operation may cause data loss and endanger the whole system. Therefore, you need to choose reliable and professional partition software to do this for your computer running Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000 and Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008. AOMEI Partition Assistant is designed for computer green hands and IT professionals.