Learn How to Create Windows 10/8 Bootable USB Drive with AOMEI Partition Assistant
With time goes by, users's demand for BYOD have become more and more common. In order to satisfy user's requirement, Microsoft has released a new feature called Windows To Go in the Enterprise Edition of Windows 10 and Windows 8/8.1. This new feature allows users to boot Windows 10/8/8.1 from a certified USB flash drive. In this way, users can deploy their own work environment at any computer. Therefore, users can make Windows 10/8 bootable USB easily with this fantastic function offered by Microsoft.
However, if you are not a user of Windows 10/8/8.1 Enterprise Edition, you aren't able to benefit from Windows To Go. Fortunately, AOMEI Partition Assistant enables users to create a bootable USB flash drive from Windows 10/8 ISO or ESD file even you have neither Enterprise of Windows 10/8/8.1 nor certified USB.
Things You Need to Prepare
Before guiding you through the process of how to create a Windows 10/8 bootable USB drive, you need to know some requirements and tips listed below:
- You need to prepare a 13 GB or larger USB drive. Also, it could be external USB hard drive or SSD.
- You need to prepare a Windows 10 or Windows 8 installation disc, ISO file, or ESD file.
- You can create a Windows 10/8 to go bootable usb on any computer installed Windows operating system. NO need Windows 10/8 Enterprise Edition.
- The larger the USB drive is, the better the result will be. Meanwhile, certified USB 3.0 drives coming from vendors like IronKey, Kingston, Spyrus and others are recommended.
- If you have a Windows 10 or Windows 8 installation disc, you can directly insert it in CD/DVD-ROM and then continue.
- If you have a Windows 10 or Windows 8 ISO/ESD installation file, please extract it to a proper place with WinRAR or WinZIP, or mount it as virtual drive by using third-party ISO mounting or burning software such as DAEMON Tools Lite.
Step by Step Guide to Install Windows 10/8 on USB Drive
Step 1: Plug the USB drive into a USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port on the computer. Make sure that it is detected by your machine.
Step 3: In the pop-up window, click "Browse" button to select Windows 10 or Windows 8 installation file or ISO file. If the program doesn’t detect it automatically, please click "Browse" to select manually. After that, click "OK" to continue.
Step 4: Click "Proceed". The program will inform you about something important. The data on this USB drive will be deleted and the partition on USB drive will be formatted as NTFS file system. To back up data, free backup software, like AOMEI Backupper Standard, is recommended. After clicking "Yes", creating Windows 10/8 bootable USB drive will begin.
When the task is completed, you can plug the Windows 10 or Windows 8 bootable USB drive into any computer with any operating system at anywhere, enter BIOS setting, and change the firmware boot order to USB first and save. After that, you will boot into Windows 10 or Windows 8. By the way, AOMEI Windows To Go Creator also supports installing Windows 8.1 on USB drive.
In a word, to enjoy portable workspace, if you are Windows 10, 8 or 8.1 Enterprise Edition user, just use built-in Windows To Go to create Windows 10/8 bootable USB drive easily; if not, you can try AOMEI Partition Assistant. No matter which one you choose, Windows 10/8 bootable USB makes BYOD possible.
You May Also Like: