Transfer Windows 7 OS (Operating System) to Solid State Drive (SSD)
Transfer Win 7 OS to solid state drive
Transferring OS to solid state drive can improve the overall performance of our system as well as reduce the boot-up time significantly. However, since operating system is that vital, transferring OS to SSD needs to be extra careful. To safely transfer Windows 7 OS to a solid state drive, we can use AOMEI Tech’s Partition Assistant.
Freeware AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard provides us a solution for Windows 7 OS migration.
How to transfer Windows7 OS to a solid state drive?
1. Download and launch AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard. In the main interface, click on Migrate OS to SSD or HDD.
2. We’ll be asked to select an unallocated space for system partition. In the picture below, we select Disk 3 which is also the destination SSD.
3. We can specify the size of system partition on SSD. Also, the drive letter of the system partition on SSD can be selected too. Click Next to proceed.
4. To make OS bootable from the destination SSD, shutting down the computer after migration is strongly recommended. Click Finish to go back to the main window.
5. Click on Apply button from the toolbar.
6. The migration will be running under AOMEI Partition PreOS mode. Choose Yes to start the migration.