How to Format a Hard Drive Partition in Windows 8 or 8.1 with Free Disk Management Tool?Share this:
Why need to format Windows 8 hard drive partition?
Why do you need to format your disk partition in Windows 8? The following are some important reasons:
- When your old hard drive is in low disk space and you prepared a new hard drive for your Windows 8, then how do you deal with the old one? Because of the original personal information or data that you don't want to be hold by others, maybe you will choose to format it.
- When your Windows 8 disk partition has been ruined by nasty viruses or contained some bad sectors, you would like to erase them from your computer disk partition.
- Maybe NTFS file system is prior to FAT32, but it can't be recognized by many devices, such as Xbox 360, PS3, etc. only you format hard drive partition from NTFS to FAT32, these system programs can work with your Windows 8.
Note: once format of a Windows 8 hard drive, the information or data in that partition will disappear. So, backup the important information or files before you format it.
Format a hard drive in Windows 8 with Disk Management
- Open Windows 8 Disk Management by pressing "Windows + R" and typing "diskmgmt.msc".
- Right click on the hard drive partition (here's D) and select "Format…" in the drop-down menu.
- In the pop-up window, you can type a partition label, choose NTFS or FAT32 file system and change cluster size.
With Windows 8 Disk Management, only the size of a partition is smaller than 32GB can be formatted from NTFS to FAT32. But, how to format the size of a hard drive partition is larger than 32GB?
Format hard drive partition with free partition manager
As an advanced magic partition software, AOMEI Partition Assistant can format any size of hard disk partition to FAT32 easily in Windows 8. Except format hard drive, AOMEI Partition Assistant also brings many other features, such as resize/move partition, merge partitions, allocate free space, clone disk, copy partition, dynamic disk management and so on.
First free download and install a complete version of this partition manager.
Tips: AOMEI Partition Assistant is also fully compatible with Windows 8.1, and the steps of formatting hard drive in Windows 8.1 are the same as those to format hard drive in Windows 8.
Step1: Launch AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition.
Step2: Select the partition (here's F) which you want to format. Then, right click on it and choose "Format Partition".
You can enter partition label, choose NTFS or FAT32 file system and change cluster size in the pop-up window.
Step3: After preview the changes in the main interface, click "Apply" to commit the operation.
All above, it is quite easy and safe to format a disk partition in Windows 8 with AOMEI Partition Assistant. In addition, you can experience many other useful features of this hard drive partition management software. Now free download to try it out.