Manage hard disk with Disk Management
Disk Management built in windows system can help you manage our partitions. It contains functions, such as create partition, shrink partition, extend partition, delete partition, format partition and so on. But there still has some limitations. When you want to shrink one partition to get an unallocated space, the partition could only be shrunk to the half of original size. Sometimes, you may want to extend partition without unallocated space adjacent and behind it while Disk Management do not support move partition. Therefore, you need to delete the partition to get a free space adjacent and behind the partition need to extend. Thus it will result in data loss.
You may ask about what I should do to solve the problems I meet. You can manage your partition with best free partition software to break the limitations of Disk Management.
Reliable and powerful partition software
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard as a powerful and reliable partition manager is free for users who work on Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP (both 32 and 64bit).
It allows you to hot resize/move partition without reboot, extend partition, especially for system drive, to solve low disk space problem and manage disk space easily and safely.
Feature list of best free partition software:
- Resize/move partition: to solve low disk space without data loss
- Split partition: split one original partition into several small partitions
- Align partition: align partition existing on SSD or HDD can improve the performance of drive, especially for SSD
- Migrate OS wizard: migrate OS to SSD or HDD without reinstalling everything
- Convert GPT/MBR: convert MBR to GPT to break the limitation of 2TB and make the best use of disk space
- Partition recovery wizard: recover deleted/lost partitions from a disk and recover lost partitions on a repartitioned disk
- More new features…
Tips: If you want to convert dynamic disk to basic disk without data loss, Partition Assistant Pro Edition is a good choice.