How to Delete Partition from BIOS?
If you need to delete partition in a quicker and safer way or you are unable to delete partition in Windows 10/8/7, refer to this article and learn how to delete partition from BIOS.
There are always reasons for you to choose to delete partition on hard drive: erase all data on the partition, get unallocated space to extend another partition and so on. Usually, you are able to delete partition successfully via Disk Management in Windows 10/8/7. But if you need to remove partition more quickly and safely, you can delete partition from BIOS. Well, sometimes, you need to delete C drive to get rid of operating system and other files on the C drive and the option of “Delete volume” is grayed out as you are unable to delete partition C within Windows. Under such circumstance, deleting partition from BIOS can be your solution as well.
After realizing the possible reasons to remove partition out of Windows, it is time to learn detailed tutorial on how to delete partition from BIOS presented in the next text.
If you hold Windows installation media, do as the following steps:
1. Boot your computer from the Windows Setup CD or DVD (Take Windows 7 Setup DVD as an example).
2. Wait for the Windows is loading files… and the Starting Windows screens to finish. Then, in the pop-up window, you can determine “Language to install” , “Time and currency format” and “Keyboard or input method”. After making decision, click “Next”.
3. Click “Install now” and wait for the “Setup is starting” to over.
4. In the “Please read all the license terms” window, check the box next to “I accept the license terms” and click on “Next” button.
5. In the “Which type of installation do you want?” window, select the Custom (advanced) option.
6. In the “Where do you want to install Windows” window, click “Drive options (advanced)”. Then, you will see several options about partition and you can choose the partition that you want to delete and click “Delete”.
7. Then, you’ll be prompted that any data stored on the partition that you’ll delete will be lost. Click “OK” to perform partition deletion.
If you have no Windows Setup CD or DVD, don’t worry and you can turn to third party software to create a bootable CD, DVD, or USB drive. Then, boot from it and delete partition. Here AOMEI Partition Assistantis recommended as it is easy to use and featured with powerful functions. Under the help of AOMEI Partition Assistant, you can delete partition from BIOS easily and effectively. Let’s look at how it works.
The first stage: Create bootable USB drive
Before starting this operation, you should connect a USB drive to a working computer running Windows and download AOMEI Partition Assistant.
1. Run AOMEI Partition Assistant. In the main interface, click “Make Bootable Media”.
2. In the pop-up window, choose one among two ways to make a bootable media and click “Proceed”.
3. Click on “Finish” when you see the following screenshot.
The second stage: Delete Partition out of Windows
After you create bootable USB drive via AOMEI Partition Assistant, enter BIOS and boot computer from it. Then, you’ll enter into the main user interface of AOMEI Partition Assistant. Follow the steps given below:
1. Right click the partition that you want to delete and choose “Delete Partition”.
2. Select one way to delete partition on hard drive and click “OK”.
Delete partition quickly: the deleted data is recoverable.
Delete partition and wipe all data to prevent data recovery: AOMEI Partition Assistant will delete the partition and wipe all data on it. The deleted data can’t be recovered.
3. Return to the main user interface. Click “Apply” > “Proceed” to perform the operation.
Those are all steps for how to delete partition from BIOS via AOMEI Partition Assistant.
If the partition on your hard drive that you need to delete is partition C, everything including system installed files on the partition will be deleted and the hard drive will not be bootable anymore. Therefore, you’d better be cautious to do this operation.
It is available to delete all partitionson your hard drive to clear disk or wipe hard drive via AOMEI Partition Assistant, which can save you the trouble of delete partition on your hard drive one by one.
Obviously, you are able to delete a partition from BIOS under the help of Windows installation media. Or you can ask the help of this partition tool – AOMEI Partition Assistant to achieve your goal. In fact, AOMEI Partition can do more than creating bootable media and deleting partition. It is featured with many other various and powerful functions. For instance, it is able to help you to replace HDD with SSD without reinstalling; it can help you to convert GPT to MBR without data lose. And you can experience advanced features like if you upgrade it to Professional version.