Why is it Necessary to Merge XP Partitions?
There are still many people using Windows XP as their OS now. This situation is one commonly encountered by computer users, who often feel the C drive of computer is not enough. Users tend to delete garbage files to free up space. Unfortunately, it didn't last. The best way to solve this problem is extending partition or merging partitions for XP. If only there was an empty partition!
Another situation is that you saved your files to each single partition before, someday you find that two partitions saving similar data types, and want to merge two partitions together. If only there was a merge partitions software!
How to Merge Partitions in Windows XP?
There are many Windows XP partitions merging softwares. But, in this article, I will focus on AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard, which is not only simple to use but also protects your data. It supports Windows XP perfectly. So it perform well of merging partitions under Windows XP.
Steps of Merging Partitions:
1. Right click the partition you want to merge, select “Merge Partitions”.
2. In the pop-up window, select the two partitions that you want to merge. And also select one partition as the target partition. Then click “OK”.
3. Return to the main menu and click"Apply"to execute the partitions merging operation.
- You could also merge any unallocated space into any existing partition.
- Partition Assistant could support at maximum two partitions merging every time.So you have to merge three partitions together by merging twice.
- To merge partitions, the two partitions must be adjacent. If it is not, copy the unwanted partition to another first and delete it, so there will be an unallocated space. Then you can merge them.
- You could merge data partition into system partition, but could not merge system partition into data partition.
- In the above example, it is under Windows XP. However, under Windows 7 the “system reserved” partition could not be merged.
There are no one partition software can guarantee 100% safe. So you’d betterback up your databefore merge partitions. In conclusion, welcome you to try Partition Assistant. Because it have some other practical functions such asresize partition,split partitionand so on.