Paragon Migrate OS to SSD Problem Summary
Did you have the experience that Paragon migrate OS to SSD not working? Many users asked the question on the Internet about Paragon migrate OS to SSD stuck, and they don’t know how this problem happened, so fix this problem seem to be difficult for them. Thus, we are going to seek the reasons and the solutions to Paragon migrate OS to SSD not working problem in Windows 10/8/7.
As we all know, computers has different hardware and Operating System settings. So the problems could be show up when you use the Paragon software to migrate OS to SSD. Here are the reasons to Paragon migrate OS to SSD does not work:
1. Bad sectors/blocks or some service wrong setting in hard disk. Use the "CHKDSK" command to find the errors, and provides solutions to fix.
2. Migrating OS to SSD between GPT and MBR disk. Migrate OS to SSD only allow the same layout between source disk and destination disk, such as migrate OS from MBR disk to MBR disk (the same for GPT).
3. Your target disk isn’t formatted. Select a formatted and empty SSD disk as destination.
4. The boot files and OS on different disk before migrating.
5. You have excluded system folders from the migration process. Don’t do that.
6. Paragon migrate OS to SSD feature only support Windows Operating System (not Linux-based).
7. VSS (Volume Shadow Copy Service) cannot access to the volume directory, you may get the "Bad parameter or function" message implies the Paragon migrate OS to SSD failed. Run Command Prompt as administrator, type the " icacls <VolumeRootPath> /grant system:f " command to fix. Plus, <VolumeRootPath> is the path to the volume root directory, for example D:\.
Try Paragon Migrate OS to SSD Alternative - AOMEI Partition Assistant
There are many solutions as we mentioned above to solve Paragon migrate OS to SSD error. If not work by trying these methods, you may consider using the free alternative for Paragon migrate OS to SSD - AOMEI Partition Assistant to fix it. AOMEI Partition Assistant is recognized and highly recommended by users because of its convenience and friendly interface.
Taking advantage of AOMEI Partition Assistant to migrate OS to SSD is the ideal solution to bypass Paragon migrate OS to SSD freeze problem. By the way, Partition Assistant Standard (Freeware) provides migrate OS from MBR disk to MBR SSD, if your system hard drive is a GPT disk, you have to use AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional (paid version) to convert GPT disk to MBR disk or Migrate OS from GPT disk to GPT/MBR disk.
Step 1: Download best Paragon Migrate OS to SSD alternative-AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro and launch the program.
Step 2: Select "Migrate OS to SSD" under the left "Wizards" column, in the next window choose "Next" to continue.
Step 3: A window pops up, select an unallocated space on the SSD disk (here is Disk 2) as the target, then hit "Next".
Tips: Before hit "Next", make sure the selected disk has an unallocated space, this is a prerequisite. If there is no unallocated space on SSD disk, you can resize the partition to generate one.
Step 4: Resize partition, specify the size and the location of the partition being created. Or just leave it alone, then hit "Next". Plus, Partition Assistant will calculate the size of system files and make the destination disk space can hold these files.
Step 5: You will get a note how to boot from SSD or HDD, then press "Finish".
Step 6: Preview these operations on "Pending Operations" and the changes on Disk 2. Then click "Apply" to migrate OS to SSD.
Note: After you migrating OS to SSD disk, you have to
disconnect source disk to boot from the SSD disk, or exchange the connection socket
of source disk and the SSD disk, then boot from the SSD disk.
All problems of Paragon migrate OS to SSD not working are solved. Besides, AOMEI Partition Assistant has more functions to manage your disk in Windows 10/8/7, like partition recovery, align partition, check partition, make bootable media, and allocate free space etc.