My computer has some issues that I have to rebuild BCD to fix that problem. So, I run bootrec.exe to repair, it found no Windows systems (Total identified Windows installations: 0). Then, I adjust several file attributes for BCD store with the command: attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s. However, I get an error states: Path not found - C:\boot. How could I fix it? Please help. Thanks.
How to Fix Path Not Found C:\Boot?
This path not found C:\boot error could be fixed by several ways, here they are:
#1: Set Your BIOS to UEFI
Sometimes, you might have wrong settings due to some reasons because this error, just to check if you’re setting it correctly. It might help.
#2: Recovery Disc
1. Start your problematic computer from the recovery disc.
2. Go to Command Prompt.
3. Input and execute: bcdboot c:\windows /s c: (where C is your Windows installed)
Your Path not found C:\boot should be fixed now, check it now. Meanwhile, you might get another error BCDboot failure when attempting to copy boot files.
#3: Windows Installation Media
1. Boot computer from the Windows installation media, select the repair mode during install now window.
2. Choose Startup Repair, and then go to Command Prompt.
3. Execute the following commands:
select disk 0
Remember the number of the Windows installed partition.
select partition n (where n is the partition number where Windows installed)
bcdboot C:\windows (C is your Windows installed partition)
#4: Rebuild MBR to fix corrupted BCD store
AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional is the best powerful partition manager for you to rebuild MBR safely and easily. It’s for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1,10 and provides both user-friendly graphic user interface (GUI) and command line to rebuild MBR (contains BCD). Here, we are going to show you how to rebuild MBR to fix Path not found C:\Boot problem with GUI.
Before that, you have to do some preparations:
Another Windows computer
Your current computer that has Path not found C:\Boot error
Download partition magic alternative - AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional
A removable USB flash drive
1. Launch AOMEI Partition Assistant after installing on another Windows computer, and then create WinPE USB bootable media: choose Make Bootable Media at the left column on the main window.
2. Boot your problematic computer with the WinPE bootable media, and then AOMEI Partition Assistant will automatically run in your PC.
3. Then right click the system hard drive that you want to rebuild MBR, select Rebuild MBR.
4. Choose the MBR Type for your Windows 7/8/10 system and click OK.
5. Press Apply to fix Path not found C:\Boot issue.
After a few seconds, the MBR will be rebuilt and the BCD store should be repaired. Restart your computer to check if the problem is solved.
Apart from troubleshoot Path not found C:\Boot issue, AOMEI Partition Assistant will also help you fix operating system not found in Windows 10, BOOTMGR is missing, and help you migrate OS to SSD without losing data, check hard drive errors, etc.
For disk management, you could allocate free space from one to another to deal with low disk space, extend partition, and so forth. For server systems, you could try more advanced functions in Server edition as long as you wish.