What is RAID?
RAID (stands for Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks), is a technology to combine two or more hard disk drives forming as disk array group to achieve greater level of performance, reliability than an expensive with large capacity hard drive. The benefits of RAID compared with single hard disk, it can enhance the data integration, strength the tolerance of fault, increase the capacity and so on. It is used for computer data storage schemes that can divide and replicate data among multiple hard disk drives. Besides, RAID just like a single hard disk or logical storage unit, which can be divided into RAID-0，RAID-1，RAID-1E，RAID-5，RAID-6，RAID-7，RAID-10，RAID-50，RAID-60.
In order to improve the performance of RAID disk, choose a reliable RAID partition Manager is very important.
Manage your RAID safely and easily
AOMEI Partition Assistant Server Edition as latest Partition Magic alternative, supports all hardware RAID levels, such as RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, etc. As RAID partition manager, Partition Assistant can make resize/move RAID disk process easily and compatible with Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, Windows Home Server 2011, Windows Small Business Server 2003, 2008, 2011 and Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 Professional (all editions, 32-bit and 64-bit).
As a reliable and powerful partition toolkit, Partition Assistant contains many basic and advanced features to make the best use of RAID disk space and maximize the performance of computer. The excellent hard disk management functions are brought together on MBR and GPT disk including: Partition Manager, Disk & Partition Copy, Extend Partition Wizard, Migrate OS to SSD or HDD, Partition Recovery Wizard and Make Bootable CD Wizard.
- Resize/move partition with data security
- Extend NTFS system partition without rebooting windows
- Merge two partitions or merge unallocated space
- Convert dynamic disk/basic disk
- Convert NFTS/FAT32 file system
- Wipe disk, wipe partition and wipe unallocated space to erase sensitive data permanently
Disk and Partition Copy
- Partition copy to make data backup 100% identity to original
- Disk copy to clone entire hard drive to a new one without reinstalling windows system
- Migrate OS to SSD: make a copy of original operating system to boot from SSD to speed up read and write speed
- Migrate OS to HDD: replace original boot disk to new hard disk to update the hardware
For more features, please refer to AOMEI Partition Assistant Server Edition.
Here is the tutorial of how to resize RAID partition.