SSD runs slowly, need an SSD optimizer!
Due to the outstanding capacity, speed, durability, power and ease of use, the SSDs are now more commonly used among computer users than HDDs. Some users even prefer to clone operating system from HDD to SSD for a shorter boot time, better shock protection as well as lower consumption.
However, plenty of users found the SSD started out with amazing speeds, but gradually it runs slower and slower. That’s really annoying, especially when you have installed Windows operating systems on SSD, right? In this situation, you can make use of SSD optimization tools to optimize its writing and reading speed.
What’s the best SSD optimization software?
When you Google "SSD optimization tool", you will find many different types of software pop out and all of them are advertised to improve SSD performance effectively. How can you identify which actually works? What's more, nearly every SSD manufacturer offers free tool to help manage and optimize their own solid state drive, but these official tools just support their own products. So what if you have bought several SSDs from different brands? Download every official SSD management software? It might cost you more time and occupy a large amount of disk space.
So, you might think about: is there a versatile software which could help optimize different branded SSD drives in Windows computer? Yes, there is! AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro could be the best SSD optimization software you can try.
How to use this SSD optimization utility to improve SSD performance?
AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro is a versatile SSD optimizer for Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8, Windows 7, Vista and XP (32/64-bit). It comes with a very simple user interface, making it easy to use even for the regular users. It provides two methods to improve SSD performance in writing and reading data.
1. Align SSD partitions- generally speaking, a hard drive usually starts its first partition after 63 empty blocks but SSD needs one more blocks (i.e 64) of data for a better performance. If you transfer some data to SSD, but don’t align its partitions, then it will lower the SSD performance. So making your SSD partition 4K alignment could keep your drive in the best status.
2. Securely erase SSD- you can also make use of SSD Secure Erase Wizard to securely and completely erase your SSD. This process could reset SSD to its factory state for peak performance.
Below are two examples from which you can learn how to optimize your SSD drive performance via AOMEI Partition Assistant.
1. Align SSD Partition (4K alignment)
Step 1. Install and run the AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro, find the target SSD and right click one of its partition, choose Advanced -> Partition Alignment.
Step 2. In the mini window, you can set partition 4K alignment (4096 sectors). And click OK to continue.
Step 3. Back to the interface, click on Apply and Proceed to save changes.
2. Securely erase SSD
Erasing SSD completely is another way to optimize SSD performance. Since this function only works on Windows 7, please connect your SSD to a computer running Windows 7 first. Then launch AOMEI Partition Assistant, follow the below steps to finish this operation.
Warning: Ensure you have backed up any required files from the SSD drive via a free backup software as the steps below will erase all data stored on the entire drive with little data recovery possibility.
Step 1. In the main interface of this SSD optimization utility, right click the SSD drive you wish to optimize and choose SSD Secure Erase.
Step 2. Choose SSD drive from the given list and click Next to go on.
Step 3. Then, you will get detailed information about the choosen SSD drive. There are chances that the SSD is in a frozen state, to continue the current operation, you need to first perform hot swap for this SSD to relieve the frozen state. After that, you can click Next again now to go on.
>>How to perform hot swap:
(1) Open your computer case. If it is a laptop, open the computer's rear cover or drive shell.
(2) Find the SSD that needs to be securely erased, unplug the power cable and SATA data cable from the drive.
(3) Then reconnect the SATA cable to the SATA port on the SSD.
(4) Finally, plug the power cable back into the SSD's power connector. Now you are done.
Step 4. The operation will usually take about 2 minutes, so be patient to wait.
Step 5. When you see the word The SSD has been erased succesfully, you can clickFinishto close the window.
Besides working as a reliable SSD optimization tool, AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro could also be a nice SSD repair tool. What's more, it is also able to help you deal with SSD read only mode, SSD showing wrong size issue.