Xbox One Hard Drive Overview
For game fans, Xbox One is not a strange concept for you. What is the Xbox One? Xbox One is a home video game console developed by Microsoft in May 2013. Generally, Xbox One is built-in either a 500GB or 1TB internal hard drive. You can install games, applications, and other system functions on this space. Thus, you can play games on Xbox One.
After a long period of time, you will find the capacity is not enough for daily use. In most cases, you may add an external hard drive for your Xbox One to gain more free space, install games and load programs quicker. You should know the external hard drive is larger than 256GB and supports USB3.0. Xbox One is the successor to Xbox 360. You might use the Xbox One X or Xbox One S game console.
Why Do You Need to Format Xbox One Hard Drive?
Before using external hard drive in your Xbox One or Xbox 360, you should be aware of the right file system. FAT32 is the file system for most game controller, not NTFS. But the external hard drive is typically formatted to NTFS, if you’re planning to add an external hard drive for your Xbox One/360, you have to format Xbox One/360 external hard drive from NTFS to FAT32.
Otherwise, Xbox One or Xbox 360 won't recongnize external hard drive or meet other problems.
How to Do Xbox One Hard Drive Format?
How to do Xbox One hard drive format? There are two ways to get there:
Format NTFS to FAT32;
Convert NTFS to FAT32 without losing data.
At this time, if the external hard drive is larger than 32GB, it’s impossible to format the external hard drive to FAT32 in Disk Management. It’s the weakness of Disk Management. How to do this format? Using the best free Xbox One hard drive format tool- AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard to format hard drive for Xbox One/360 is the best way to fix the problem. It’s more flexible and reliable to use in Windows 7, 8, 10.
Way 1: Format NTFS to FAT32 Directly
1. Free download AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard, install and open the program; make sure the external hard drive is connected with your computer correctly.
2. Pitch on the Xbox One/360 external hard drive, select Format Partition at the drop down menu.
3. Select FAT32 as the external hard drive File System, then hit OK.
4. Click Apply to format NTFS to FAT32 for Xbox One/360.
Way 2: Convert NTFS to FAT32 without Losing Data
If your external hard drive has some content on it, and you want to keep it. Converting NTFS to FAT32 is the ideal way to do Xbox One/360 hard drive format.
1. Install and run AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional. Select NTFS to Fat32 Converter on left side.
2. Tick NTFS to FAT32, then press Next.
3. Choose the Xbox One/360 external hard drive, click Next to go on.
4. Preview the result of the conversion, Click Proceed to Convert NTFS to FAT32 for Xbox One/360.
Tips: Make sure you have ticked the Check and repair the partition before converting it option.
These two ways also apply to Xbox One internal hard drive format. In addition, AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard allows you to remove write protection for USB drive, SD card, etc. Partition hard drive for Xbox One, recovery deleted partition for Xbox One hard drive, extend partition, etc. For advanced users, AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional has the ability to allocate free space from one partition to another, convert dynamic disk to basic, and more.