With Windows 8 arriving on October 26, millions of users are still running Windows XP/Vista/7. Compare to Xp, vista and 7, Windows 8 is a new version focuses more on touch screen and other features.
There are a lot of changes that have been brought into this new version. One of the most important changes is the Start Menu and the Start Button which are completely gone. Instead, what you have is the Metro interface which allows you to gain quick access to information and updates. It is still a desktop system but can be used for tablets and other touch screen devices. If you are a Windows fan, you may eager to try this latest OS. Read on to learn how to upgrade to your system to Windows 8.
Requirements for upgrading to Windows 8
The Windows 8 setup process will check your system for compatibility, so ensure your hardware meet the following demands:
- Processor: 1GHz or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2.
- RAM: 1GB for the 32-bit version, 2GB for the 64-bit version.
- Hard disk space: 16GB for the 32-bit version, 20GB for the 64-bit version.
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX9 graphics device with WDDM driver.
How to order Windows 8 upgrade
- First you need to download the Upgrade Assistant to check for compatibility problems with your hardware and software programs.
- Run Windows8-UpgradeAssistant to check your system.
- Having successfully completed the check, you will also be provided with the option to purchase. Click “order”, Microsoft will review you order.
- Now everything is simple, just fill up the form and details, and choose your payment option.
- Order successfully. You will get a product key.
- Then click on Next on Windows upgrade Assistant and it will download the Windows 8 for upgrading this might take some time depending on your network speed. On the completion of your upgrade, you will be asked to keep your old files as well as the OS. You can manually uninstall the previous OS if you want after the upgrade has been completed.
Tips: If you haven’t removed all the incompatible programs, Windows will show a “What needs your attention” message on your screen. Therefore, be sure to uninstall every program on the list smooth the upgrade process.