With the production innovation, the older Master Boot Record was gradually replaced successfully by the GPT with some limitations of partitioning table on BIOS systems. GPT disk can manage partition disk well with its more flexible mechanism. Through comparing with MBR, the GPT has the following advantages.
- GPT disk supports the max of capacity of partition about 18 EB.
- Around128 primary partitions and no extended partition are supported by GPT.
- These operating systems like Windows XP 64 bit, Server 2003 SP, Windows Vista, Server 2008, Windows 7, 8 can apply to GPT disk
- GPT can’t boot from disk for any Windows.
- GPT has two duplicates in the first and last for Partition Table.