Extend Partition under Dynamic Disk Server 2003 with Dynamic Disk Manager
- Extend dynamic system volume steps
- Extend partition instruction
- AOMEI Dynamic Disk Manager highlights
- Recommended articles for extending different dynamic volumes
For solving majority users’ problem, this article will directly guide you how to extend partition under dynamic disk Server 2003 first, before following the steps, please note the following 3 tips for better understanding:
- Not sure your disk storage type? Please identify disk storage type.
- Download AOMEI Dynamic Disk Manager Server Edition Demo version to test and spend several seconds to install.
- If you are running other Windows operating system, choose the proper edition as you like. Learn more about editions comparison.
Step-by-step tutorial for extending dynamic system volume Server 2003
- Launch AOMEI Dynamic Disk Manager Server, get the following dynamic disk information in main interface:
- Right click E: partition and select “Shrink Volume” :
- Then, the unallocated space is released, right click C: system partition and choose “Resize/Move volume” to get the following window, drag it rightwards and then click “OK”:
- Back to the main window, preview the changes, if no problem, click “Commit” to take changes into effect. There are “Undo”, “Redo” and “Discard” buttons for correction as well. Then, the following image shows the enlarged C: dynamic system volume after reboot:
In new window, drag the E: volume rightwards and click “OK”:
- The program has multi accesses to get operate guide, toolbar, sidebar or right click in disk map
- Get the nearest way to achieve operation. Such as the step 2 above, we directly drag the left side rightwards to make unallocated space located behind C: system partition, to do so we get less step of moving unallocated space.
- If the partitions which on system disk can not be shrunk (can not free up unallocated space for system partition), but there are some unallocated space on other disks, this time use “Move Volume Slice Wizard” to deal with.
AOMEI Dynamic Disk Manager highlights at a glance
- Support all the dynamic volumes for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/2003/2008/2011/2012/7 32 and 64 bit
- Very easy-to-use and understandable interface make all operation simplified
- It has made greater progress in dynamic disk management than Windows built-in Disk Management
- Built-in wizards, step-by-step guide with detailed instruction
Recommended articles for extending partition under dynamic disk
This article is talking about how to extend simple dynamic volume, please go on reading for the detailed instruction on extend mirrored, RAID5, etc volumes through following related articles list:
- Expand RAID5 volume easily and safely
- Extend mirrored volume for Windows Server 2003 and 2008
- Extend simple volume to spanned volume