Resize dynamic system volume in traditional method in Windows Server 2008
As we know the built-in Disk Management in Windows Server 2008 has been added "resize partition" function as a little improvement. However, it is only able to resize simple and spanned volume and the disk not involve the system volume, therefore, in the past most users have to convert dynamic disk to basic disk first to resize basic disk then revert it back. But currently, this is not the choice because of powerful dynamic disk management toolkit, AOMEI Dynamic Disk Manager developed out to manage dynamic disks.
Guide on how to resize dynamic system volume for Server 2008
Please download Dynamic Disk Manager Server Demo version to take a try and follow the next steps before purchase. It will take several seconds to install it.
Launch AOMEI Dynamic Disk Manager Server, the local disks information will be automatically analyzed and directly shown out in the main interface:
Before operate, we need to make sure where we can get the spare unallocated space to merge to system volume. In our case, we could delete I: striped volume because it is almost empty.
Of course, you could choose your way to get the unallocated space according to your own needs like shrink one larger volume, no matter which method you prefer, Dynamic Disk Manager can do you a favor.
Step1. Right click I: volume and select “Delete Volume” option to get the new window to click “OK” to confirm:
Step2. Get the unallocated space, what we do next is move the unallocated space behind the system volume. Right click H: mirrored volume select “Resize/Move Volume” to get the new window, drag the H: slice to right:
Step3. After the 2nd step, we could right click C: system volume to choose “Resize/Move Volume” option to extend it, drag the right side rightwards:
Step4. In the main interface, we can preview the changes, to submit these changes we need click “Commit” on the toolbar.
Tips: Choose the right version according to your requirements
- AOMEI Dynamic Disk Manager Home Edition is free dynamic disk and dynamic volume management software that allows to be used for home user.
- AOMEI Dynamic Disk Manager Pro Edition is especially designed for business users to manage dynamic disk storage type environment for optimal performance in Windows 7/8/Vista/XP/2000 both 32 bit and 64 bit.
- AOMEI Dynamic Disk Manager Server Edition provides award-winning Software RAID management solutions. Besides, it is also a dynamic disk/volume management software and disk converter in Windows 7/8/Vista/XP/2000 and Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2011/2012.
- For Enterprise users, AOMEI Dynamic Disk Manager Unlimited Edition allows unlimited usage within one company. It is a wise and cost-effective choice
- For IT services providers, we recommend AOMEI Dynamic Disk Manager Technician Edition.
- Get the differences through editions comparison.
What we recommend for your convenience before purchase?
So, if you are interested in our product, you will intend to purchase. However, considering your convenience, please take several minutes to make sure what you really want to do:
- If you do not know what you disk type, please right click “My computer” → “ Manage” → “Disk Management” → check the disk type.
- If you do not want to use dynamic disks any longer, you could choose AOMEI Dynamic Disk Manager or Dynamic Disk Converter to change dynamic disk to basic disk.
- If you use basic disk, AOMEI Partition Assistant plays the important role in basic disk management.