In Windows system, you can easily convert a basic disk to dynamic, but can not easily revert to basic disk. This article is a summary of revert a dynamic disk to basic disk, some ways here to help you complete the job.
1. Back up all the data on all the volumes on the disk you want to convert to a basic disk，then delete all volume in dynamic disk and convert with the help of Windows Disk Management. It is the easily and common way but time wasted in backing up data in dynamic disk to convert back basic. Observably, this way can run with multiple disks and system actuated in another disk (Main reasons: the system volume on dynamic disks can not be deleted. Besides, the volume in dynamic disk is not easy to backup).
2. To revert dynamic disk to basic on this way, conducted manner one basic and more complex, with all volumes on dynamic disks deleted and with a help of partition recovery software, is still a risk. But the advantage is no backup data, because the partition deleted data can recover by recovery software.
Revert dynamic disk to basic with Dynamic Disk Converter
The two methods above are relatively complex. If you no DIY, you may use Dynamic Disk Converter to complete the dynamic disk to basic disk conversion work. With Dynamic Disk Converter only three steps taking revert to the basic disk.
AOMEI Dynamic Disk
Converter converts dynamic disk to basic disk automatically with no data
loss in case.
1. Launch AOMEI Dynamic Disk Converter as administrator, then skip the welcome page by clicking Next. And you will see its main interface below:
On the above screenshot, check Method 1 (Convert a dynamic disk back to basic disk), and click the Next button.
2. Then choose the dynamic disk you want revert to basic disk as shown below. Click Next to continue.
3. After that, AOMEI Dynamic Disk Converter needs you to confirm the conversion by ticking the option "I have decided to execute this operation...":
Then click "Proceed" button to start the conversion. After the conversion being completed, you also need to restart the computer to complete the conversion process.
Brief sum-up: It's all steps taking revert to the basic disk with AOMEI Dynamic Disk Converter. The best way to revert back dynamic disk to basic without data loss is installing AOMEI Dynamic Disk Converter in your PC to finish conversion. Seeing that is simple to use AOMEI Dynamic Disk Converter, what you are waiting for, get a try!