How to partition a disk without formatting?
It is easy thing to partition a disk if you want to partition a hard disk, you can create some partitions with Windows built-in disk management. But if there are data and files in one disk, how to partition a disk? if you still want to use Windows disk management to do it, maybe you just extend volume or shrink volume, even format or delete volume.
Is there a disk partition software for Windows 7/8/10/XP? If you are searching for it, yes, AOMEI Partition Assistant is a free disk partition software and utility, and you can use it partition a disk without fromatting.
Use Free Disk Utility For Partitioning A Disk
As mentioned above, there are two common situations that you need disk utility for partitioning a disk.
- Partition a new hard drive
It can be finished by Windows Disk Management. You can easily and safely partition a disk into serveal partitions, and you don't need to create or split partition one by one.
- partition a hard disk containing a lot of data
It is troublesome that how to partition a hard disk coverinng a lot of data without formatting. AOMEI Partition Assistant will help you do it easily. There are a lot of functions and wizards in AOMEI Partition Assistant. As the below pictures shown:
You can create partition, delete partition,format partition, resize/move partition, extend system partition, shrink volume, split partition,merge partitions, recover deleted partition, wipe hard drive and partition, convert file system,hide/unhide partitions, set active partition, etc. All the operations can be completed without data loss.
How to Use AOMEI Partition Assistant to Extend Partitions?
1. Install and launch AOMEI Partition Assistant. Then click “extend partition wizard” in the top left corner.
2. Select the target partition you would like to extend.
3. In the next step, you may drag the adjust pointer leftwards or rightwards to the position you like to extend or shrink the partition.
4. At last, after clicking “proceed”, the extension process is complete.
5. Aside from the extend partition, AOMEI Partition Assistant also provides the users with other functions, such as merge partition, align partition, FAT32 to NTFS etc. You may learn more about this freeware HERE.
Compared to other manage disk utilities, Partition Assistant is equally powerful with an attractive price. You may find most of your needs in it.
Tips: As Partition Magic alternative, Partition Assistant has various basic and advanced functions apart from disk and partition copy feature. All the operations can be completed without data loss. Free download and check how powerful it is!