Is there any free server partition manager?
Windows Server operating systems become more and more popular, while how to partition hard drive for 32 bit & 64 bit versions of Windows Server systems to get best use of the server is becoming a common requirement for most system administrators. To manage Windows Server hard disk partition, server partition manager is the best choice. However, most of them need to be paid. Then, how do you find free server partition manager?
Windows Server hard drive partitioning is easy if you're starting with a new disk. Built-in Windows Server free partition manager - Disk Management tool which can only provide some basic hard drive partitioning operations, such as create partition, delete, format partition, etc. Therefore, you need a server partition manager which is not only free but also powerful.
Advanced and free server partition manager - AOMEI Partition Assistant Lite Edition
As free Partition Magic Server alternative, AOMEI Partition Assistant Lite Edition brings the most popular hard disk partition management functions which can meet the needs of most Windows Server users, above all things, it is a free server partition manager. The following is the key features and main window of this free server partition manager:
- Resize and move partitions to maximize utilization of server storages for peak performance.
- Extend NTFS system partition without rebooting to minimize server downtime.
- Create multiple partitions, one for system and others for data.
- Delete one partition or directly delete all partitions.
- Format partition with FAT32 or NTFS file system.
- Convert FAT partition to NTFS file system.
- Wipe partition, hard drive or unallocated space to permanently erase sensitive data.
- Hide/Unhide partition, set active partition, label partition and change drive letter.
- Disk surface test and check partition to find bad sectors.
- Support Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, Windows Home Server 2011 and Windows SBS 2003, 2008, 2011.