Scenario：There is only 500 MB left on my C drive. It is almost running out of space. I’ve already tried Norton Partition Magic 8.0, but it cannot be installed on Windows Server 2003. Are there any other methods to solve my problem of extending the C drive?
A brief introduction of Partition Magic
Partition Magic, as is known to all, was originally made by PowerQuest Corporation. It is a computer program serves hard drives management. After its being acquired by Symantec in the year of 2003, Partition Magic cannot be offered any more. The latest and the final version are both not compatible with Windows Server 2003. They work only on Windows NT, 98, ME, 2000, and XP desktop editions.
Partition Assistant Server Edition- reliable Partition Magic alternative for Server 2003
Symantec stops updating and providing Partition Magic 8.0, which is really a pity on one hand and a good turning point on the other hand. Due to the lack of Partition Magic for Server 2003, other Partition Magic Server Software which are much more reliable and professional surface. Let’s take Partition Assistant Server Edition as an example. It supports Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, Windows Small Business Server 2003, 2008, 2011, Windows Home Server 2011 and Windows 8 Consumer Preview, Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
Highlights of Partition Assistant Server Edition for Windows Server 2003
Partition Assistant Server Edition, regarded as a good alternative of Partition Magic, designed with almost all features of Partition Magic. Besides, other more advanced functions can performe to optimize the performance of Windows Server 2003. As a result, it fully maximizes the disk space usage without losing data and rebooting Windows.
- Resize/ move partition. Maximize the performance of server without data loss
- Extend NTFS system partition. Minimize the downtime without rebooting
- Merge adjacent partitions into one; Merge unallocated space to a partition.
- Split one big partition into two or more. Improve the performance of partition for different usage.
- Allocate free space from one partition to another. Make the best use of the disk space
- Copy partition to migrate system drive and backup important data
- Copy entire disk to a new one without reinstalling Windows and applications
- Create more partitions even if there are no unallocated-space available
- Support all editions of Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003 R2, including Enterprise, Standard, Datacenter, Web, etc.
- Support GPT disk up to 4TB and all hardware RAID, such as RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, etc.
Partition Assistant Server Edition-easy to use software for Windows Server 2003
With its user-friendly interface and handy wizards, Partition Assistant Server Edition is a good alternative of Partition Magic indeed. Whether you are experienced in using Partition Magic or not, you can operate it easily without data loss. Besides, any changes you do would displayed on “Pending operations”. So, confirming operations before clicking “Apply” is necessary. The main interface is below:
Now, download the free trial version of this 64 bit partition manager – Partition Assistant Server Edition to have a try.
As for more explanations, please click here