With computers are used, hard disk space are being run out of its space; especially to system partition. Windows Server users must have been bothered by many warnings from computer. If you were one of them, what would you do?
The ways you may think out to solve problems that system hard disk space in server is full
You may uninstall applications you don’t usually use? or prepare many removable hard disks to restore? Yes, these ways are possible but it neither decreases space for maximum nor read data quickly. Actually, no matter how many external hard disk you bought, you system partition would be expanding, because all applications you installed is upgrading, Windows included, of course. Every time windows update finished patch, the space of system partition must be decrease. What’s the most important is that you can’t move some files and accessory relevant to Windows to your external hard disk.
Under this circumstance, how would you do? Reallocating hard disk space may be a better choice. The traditional method is to repartition the hard disk for allocating more space, or reformat the partition to erase files. Comparing these ways you may think, AOMEI Partition Assistant offer you a safe and convenient way to reallocate hard disk space without data loss, you don’t need to repartition or reformat hard disk anymore.
AOMEI Partition Assistant Server Edition is partition software for all Windows OS including Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 R2. It can help you resize disk partition so as to reallocate disk space.
How to reallocate hard disk space to extend system partition?
AOMEI Partition Assistant has many functions to reallocate hard disk space to extend system partition; you can try any function depending on what situation you are in:
- Download, install and launch AOMEI Partition Assistant Server Edition. Actually, you can also download AOMEI Partition Assistant Lite Edition, but it is a kind of freeware that does not have many functions. If your computer is installed with Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 R2, AOMEI Partition Assistant Server Edition is recommended to you strongly.
- Resize Partition: you can shrink any partition to get the unallocated space with this function, and then you can use “Merge Partitions” to merge partition C and the unallocated space. It will be added to partition C to extend.
- Merge Partitions: if there is a unallocated space in system disk, you can use this function to merge unallocated space to partition C. and if there are no unallocated space, you can use this function collocating with “Resize partition” to reach purpose. Or you can marge two partition into one partition. for example, you can merge partition E into partition C.
- Allocate Free Space: if one partition’s space is adequate, you can use this function to allocate free space to partition C.
- Select one of functions mentioned above to reallocate hard disk space. Here is an example about how to reallocate hard disk with "Resize Partition" function.
- Right click the biggest partition and select "Resize Partition".
- A pop-up windows appears and you can move slider rightward to shrink space. And then click "OK".
- Right click partition C, and select “Resize Partition” function again. Position the mouse pointer on the right border of the partition and drag the border rightwards to extend partition. Then click "OK". (If there's no unallocated space beside the partition, you could not drag the border).
- Then it will back to main console and you could preview the partition be extended. Click the "Apply" on the toolbar to commit the operation.
You can check your hard disk in the interface of AOMEI partition Assistant before any function you will take. No matter what Windows version you have installed, this software support Windows Serve 2003, 2008, 2012 R2 and SBS 2003, 2008, 2011.
The partition shrinking operation will be performed under PreOS Mode and your computer will reboot when:
- Shrink system and/or boot partition.
- Shrink a partition where has page file or AOMEI Partition Assistant installed.
- Shrink a partition where applications are running. AOMEI Partition Assistant will suggest you close them or perform partition shrinking operation under PreOS Mode.