Why you need to convert NTFS to FAT32?
FAT32 is an older file system compared to NTFS, but it is simple and readable from a great number of operating systems. It is also supported by a wide range of system utilities. FAT32 can well work on DOS v7 and higher Windows 98, ME, 2000, etc. If you need to access some files from DOS mode or Windows 9X, you have to use FAT or FAT32 file system, but you must choose NTFS when you need to store big files which over 4GB.
You may find that Converting FAT32 to NTFS can be supported by Windows built-in utility, but you cannot convert NTFS to FAT32 without losing data as all of Windows have no tools that can do this.
Based on different needs, many computer users may desire to change file system without formatting NTFS to FAT32, or convert FAT32 to NTFS safely. But all Windows cannot help you convert drive from NTFS to FAT32 or from FAT32 to NTFS without formatting.
Fortunately, some third party software like AOMEI Partition Assistant, can help you convert NTFS to FAT32 partition and vice versa without formatting and losing data.
Safely Convert NTFS to FAT32 without Data Loss by AOMEI Partition Assistant
AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional provides a conversion tool: NTFS to FAT32 Converter, which is designed to convert NTFS to FAT32 directly and without losing data on the partition. In addition, it can work on Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP/2000 (Both 32bit and 64bit).
Steps of converting NTFS to FAT32 partition without losing
Step 1. Install and launch AOMEI Partition Assistant. Select All Tools and then NTFS to FAT32 Converter.
Step 2. It will open AOMEI NTFS to FAT32 Converter. Here Select NTFS to FAT32, click Next.
* The FAT32 to NTFS option is for users to convert from FAT32 to NTFS without losing data.
Step 3. Choose the NTFS partition you wan to convert to FAT32 and click Next, it will execute the progress.
Learn Why Convert NTFS to FAT32?
Below are a few real cases:
- "I need to format my d: from NTFS to FAT32. My c: used NTFS, the main reason I need my d: to change to fat32 is because the application I use that came with computer cannot create backup for me unless its fat32."
- "I have Sony PS3, it can not support NTFS partition when i need to play games. Are there some methods to change NTFS to FAT 32 without losing data or re-formatting the partition?"
- Besides above two reasons, there are also some hardware devices or software programs only support FAT32 file system, so it is really required to convert NTFS to FAT32 without losing data or reformatting partition.
Can I Convert NTFS to FAT32 by using Windows Format Tool?
To convert NTFS to FAT32, this is an oft-asked topic. Unluckily, there is no accessible method of accomplishing this. Why? The answer is rather simple: FAT32 is an earlier file system, but NTFS is superior to it in about every way.
In fact, your choices boil down to realizing one of two ways: reformatting partition from NTFS to FAT32, which after-effects in the data files being lost. Another way is use a third-party program – like NTFS to FAT32 Converter.
You could use reformatting way to convert NTFS to FAT32 partition, but you need to firstly backup your data before formatting partition. After reformat to FAT32, restore the previous data. The following is an instruction available on all systems including Windows 10/8/8.1/7/2000/XP/Vista and Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2016.
- Open Windows Explorer and choose your drive that you want to reformat from NTFS to FAT32.
- Right click the drive and select the "Format" option from the context menu.
- Select "FAT32" from drop-down box under the "File System" section and tick at the "Quick Format" option.
- Click the "Start" button to start the re-formatting process. It may take a few minutes according to the size of your drive.
* FAT32 option will be unavailable in the drop-down box if the drive size you desire
to format is larger than 32GB (This is a Windows limitation), but you could use
AOMEI Partition Assistant to format NTFS to FAT32 up to 2TB partition.
* If you are Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 users, you can use AOMEI Partition Assistant Server to make it.