How to Create Windows To Go USB Drive in Windows 8 Enterprise Edition?
Use Windows 8 Anywhere by Creating Windows To Go USB Drive
The Windows 8 Enterprise Edition comes with a new feature that allows the users to access into the fully-functioning Windows 8 by booting from a created Windows 8 To Go USB drive. Thus all users of Windows 8 Enterprise Edition can use their own operating system on any devices anywhere as long as they know how to create a Windows To Go USB drive. For those of you who still are unable to handle the operation of making a Windows To Go USB drive very well, the instruction below could be very useful.
Create Windows To Go USB Drive with Windows To Go Creator Wizard
- This method is only available on Windows 8 Enterprise Edition Clients.
- Please make sure that there's at least one primary partition on the USB drive, and it also must be an active partition with NTFS file system.
- The capacity of the USB drive must be larger than 32GB.
- For best results, use a Windows To Go certified 3.0 USB drive.
1. Insert the USB drive. It better be a certified Windows To Go USB drive. Then go to the Windows To Go Creator Center in Control Panel.
2. Once the USB drive is recognized, click Next. After that, you will be asked to pick a Windows 8 image that you'd like to store on the USB drive. The image could be the original one from the installation disc or the one that you are currently using. When the image is selected, click Next to continue.
3. In the next step, you will be asked to use the BitLocker to encrypt the image. Of course, you can ignore and just skip this step.
4. For the final step, we just click on the Create button to start the process. The process may take about 10-25 minutes depending on the hardware. Once the process is over, choose Save and Close to finalize the operation.
After reading this article, you may have known how to create a Windows To Go USB Drive on a certified USB device already. Enjoy this amazing function now!