The Reasons to Format Hard Drive Partition
Which situation will lead you to format HDD? That is, you're setting a new hard drive at the first time, getting rid of errors from the drive, trying to eliminate the nasty virus, as well as wipe hard drive before you want to sell your computer. There are only a few situations that one might take format hard drive partition into consideration.
Formatting hard drive is a simple and useful method to clean data quickly. At the same time, it can help to remove viruses, solve the storage problems and even the hard-to-resolve issues. So learn how to format a hard drive partition is an important skill for the computer users. Well, it is fast and simple as long as you know how to proceed.
When you format hdd, you will lose everything which is on the drive. Take time to figure out what you have on your computer which you do not want to lose. Then you should backup the data and information on the hard drive before the format process. However, in some cases, this will be impossible if the virus has led serious system damage. In most cases, if you prepare before the start to format hard drive partition you can archive and copy data off the hard drive.
Format Hard Drive:
First of all, you need to download the hard drive formatting software:
Now, open AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition and choose the partition that you would like to format in main window, then click the Format command in shortcut menu to invoke the Format Partition dialog. In the dialog, enter the partition label, and select a file system of your desired such as FAT32 or NTFS. For the cluster size, AOMEI Partition Assistant will automatically determine the cluster size depending on selected file system and partition size, and the Default option is recommended.
Of course, it is as easy as ABC for free hard drive formatting software. Here, we take F: drive for example, right click it and you will get a view like this:
After you click the Format, the following view will appeared.
Then, please input the partition label and choose the file system (NTFS or FAT32).As for the cluster size, it’s better to use the default value. Too small or too big always has the drawback more or less.
1. Remember that format an existing drive will remove all information, so copy necessary files or information to other safe place first.
2. If you need to save some files bigger than 4GB to the partition, we recommend using NTFS to format owing to the 4GB limitation of FAT32.
So, this free partition manager has not only has the function of the format hard drive, but also the function of wiping partition, creating partition, deleting partition, etc. Therefore, if you have the partition problem, AOMEI Partition Assistant – hard drive formatting software will solve all the problems for you without any trouble.
- Windows partition manager does well on resizing, creating, formatting partitions and so on for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista 32 both 32 and 64 bit.
- Server partition magic tool performs major role in managing disks/partitions for people who are running Windows Server 20002003/2008.
- Add unallocated space to system partition Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000/8/8.1/10: Moving unallocated space is available so that we could merge the unallocated space to system partition easily.
- For enterprise users, you could enjoy AOMEI Partition Assistant Unlimited Edition/Technician Edition which offers unlimited usage on unlimited computers within one company for saving money.