When I would like to make partition resize for my hard drive space on my system of Windows, someone told me that just by the help of built-in disk management, do without using of third party hard drive partition software, but, I made much effort and it also could not meet my requirements satisfactorily. Here I make a conclusion on partition resize between the Windows disk management tool and the third party partition software---Partition Assistant manufactured by AOMEI Technology as example.
Windows disk management tool vs. Partition Assistant
Both of them can create partition, extend partition, and shrink partition, delete partition, format partition, change drive letter, set a partition active, convert the basic disk to dynamic disk, convert file system.
Superiorities of Partition Assistant
- Move partition: Sometimes, if it has C and D drive, and some unallocated space, we want to extend C partition, but without moving D partition, we can’t extend it from the unallocated space Windows disk management tool, Partition Assistant can do.
- Extend partition: With Partition Assistant, extend as you wish, but, when use Windows disk management tool, there must be unallocated disk space after the partition that you want to extend, otherwise, "Extend Volume" option is grayed out.
- Hide partition: we can hide partition which won’t read by others to keep our privacy.
- Unlimited extend partition volume within the total size, but Windows disk management tool just could shrink less than one half.
- Permanently wipe hard drive: never recovered by others.
- Check error: help users to find errors.
- Convert dynamic disk to basic disk: to realize the inter-conversion between these two kinds of disks, make full use of their advantages.
- Label partitions: Partition Assistant provide convenience to change the label of partition, if you storage some music files, label "music" your partition label, with this function, it makes for identifying.
Partition Assistant Server Edition supports all of operating systems to partition resize, such as Windows 7/XP/2000/Vista and Server 2008/2003/2000, all hard disks recognized by Windows such as IDE, SATA, SCSI, Hardware RAID, USB external disks, and Fire wire disks.
After you download the Partition Software, every procedure could be finished on this interface, and easy to partition resize for your hard drive space under the circumstance of without losing data.
More information from here: Partition Resize for Hard Drive Space.