To meet the needs of general computer users, with researching continuously, it released several editions of partition management softwarein the market to solve the problems such as extend, shrink, move, delete, covert file system...in a words, what users need, what will be the most important topics to research by software developer. Recently, I had known about some partition management software, such as PartitionMagic, Partition Assistant, etc.
According to my usage and experience learned from widely computer users, I said something about PartitionMagic and Partition Assistant.
PartitionMagic is developed for hard disk partitioning by Symantec Powerquest (alias PQMagic), which latest version is 8.0. It can be used to resize partition, copy partition, move partition, convert file system such as FAT 16, 32 and NTFS, modify the cluster size of FAT16/32 and NTFS, run multiple operating systems, someone reflected his data has something wrong during the operations, but, maybe just an accident for other careless operation by users.
PartitionMagic supports Windows NT, 95/98, ME, 2000, and XP desktop editions. However, it could not support Windows NT, 2000, or 2003 server editions and Windows Vista, Windows 7.
Now, with widely use of Partition Assistant, some foreign friend reflected that Partition Assistant is convenient, and its free edition is also practical and easy to operate. Let’s have a brief introduction about it. It released by AOMEI Technology, professional partition management software developed by AOMEI staff with hard working.
- Create partition: if you just has one partition or two on the disk, and wish to have more to storage data or file classify.
- Extend partition: users always bothered by low space, at this time, extend your partition to avoid storing in different partitions.
- Shrink partition: If one partition is too large for your data or file, and make space waste, now, shrink it and share its volume with other partition, make your partitions cooperate with each other efficiently.
- Hide partitions: Everyone has some privacy, hide it.
- Wipe data permanently: just as the above, but, if your data was wiped, but one day, recovered by your foe, it is too bad.
- Convert file system: Each kind of file has its own advantages, and meets different requirements of users; therefore, it is t satisfactory for you to convert them freely.
More functions: Format partitions, Delete partitions, Assign drive letters, Remove drive letters, Unhide partitions, Mark a partition as active, Change partition volume labels, Check file system integrity etc.
Supports: the biggest difference between PartitionMagic and Partition Assistant is:
Partition Assistant supports Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit); supports file system including FAT, FAT32 and NTFS; supports hard disks from 100MB to 2TB; supports up to 32 disks; supports all hardware RAID and storage devices including IDE, SATA, SCSI, USB disk, FireWire disk etc.
The following view is the operating window; here you can operate all processes safely.
Attention: please read the warning or hint that Partition Assistant shows to you before every procedure to avoid inappropriately operating and make your data have something wrong.
Partition Assistant has several editions and support different operating system, please choose what you really need to refrain from wasting your time. Of course, please read this article carefully about PartitionMagic and Partition Assistant and choose the suitable partition management software according to your requirements.