Windows partition manager software allows user to realize hard drive partitioning functions such as create, delete, move and resize partition etc. Partition Assistant is one of the newest partition software, which is provided for personal and advanced users to manage partition. This third party software support more hard disk partition functionality compare to default windows built-in disk management tool.
Meanwhile, as Windows partition manager software, Partition Assistant supports all
Windows mainstream systems, including Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2000 and Windows Server
2000/2003/2008, Windows SBS 2003/2008/2011, Windows Home Server 2011 (all editions).
It can extend system partition when your drive is running out of disk space, and
also move existing partition from one location on the disk to another location. The
partition software utilizes a data protection initiative when it is moving or
Partition Assistant Screenshot:
Below list are main features:
- Resize/Move Partition: Along with data increased and application installed, when you again install a new software or game to the partition, you may find there is not sufficient disk space to hold the new data. So you need to resize partition to get more capacity.
- Create/Delete Partition: After delete a partition, its space is added to unallocated disk space. It can be used to create a new partition or to extend an existing partition.
- Format Partition: Format is designed to change the file system or cluster size of the partition in order to re-arrange the format of the stored data, but the original format and data will be destroyed.
- Label Partition: Label is an optional name assigned to a partition for easier recognition of your partitions.
- Change Drive Letter: Windows assign drive letters (C: D: ,…) in order to access the files or folders on the drive.
- Convert File System: This function will convert file system from FAT to NTFS. To do this, you can improve the partition performance by using NTFS file system.
- Hide/Unhide Partition: You can hide or unhide partitions easily with Partition Assistant. After hiding partition, the drive letter will be removed; the mean is you can not access the data on the partition by My Computer - Explorer.
- Wipe Data Permanently: Wipe Data can erase the data on the unallocated space completely and ensure that the data can not be recovered by any data recovery solution. This function can prevent undesired recovery of your deleted data.
Based on the above, the Partition Assistant can effortlessly manage disk partition. There are a few versions to meet all the different levels of users, namely home edition, professional edition, server edition, unlimited edition and technician edition. All the related software using technical support is free of charge. It is regarded as the one of the best partition manager software for all Windows operating systems, safe and fast partition operations as well as its low price.