Extend system partition in Windows 7 is unavailable
"I installed Windows 7 and I know Windows 7 built-in utility Disk Management could assist me resize partition. Recently, I always received the low disk space warning so that I went to the utility for help—I shrunk F: partition to get some unallocated space, however, I can not reach the operation on extending system partition because the "Extend Volume" option is grayed out…So, any suggestion?"
Resolve system partition low disk space by Windows 7 Partition Manager
How we could solve such problem and get all data intact? Do we need reformat and reinstall to reallocate? The answer is pretty simple, just try AOMEI Partition Assistant, which is considered as Windows 7 partition manager and well compatible Windows and resize partition as easily. The next you will experience the magic operation.
- Download partition magic free to test
- If you are running Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, please download free partition magic to get the operation.
- The operation will be introduced base on the above environment on our test computer.
- General interface: Launch Windows 7 partition manager, it will display the disk information:
- Exchange F: partition and the unallocated space: Select F: partition and drag rightwards:
- Extend system partition with unallocated space: Select C: partition, drag the side rightwards to add the unallocated space:
- Commit changes and finish operation: Click "Apply" on the toolbar and then you will found that extend system partition is finished: