Clone HDD to SSD
SSD (Solid State Drive) has been widely used by millions of people nowadays. SSD drive provides faster speed of loading and a much shorter boot-up time. Most users prefer to clone their HDD to SSD instead of installing a new OS on SSD. Or you can merely clone system to SSD and make SSD for OS only. In this article, we’d like to introduce you a very convenient way to clone hard disk drive to solid state drive - AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard.
About AOMEI Partition Assistant
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard is one of the best free SSD migration software that specialized in Windows OS. It allows users to do both basic partition operations like resize partition, merge partition, move partition, delete partition, format partition, and advanced partition managements like migrate OS to SSD, create Windows to go USB, create bootable media etc. It’s a multifunctional and one of the best disk management utilities on the market.
How to Clone Hard Disk Drive to Solid State Drive
1. Free download and open AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard. In the main window, click "Disk Copy Wizard" like in the picture below.
2. Choose a disk copy method: quick copy and sector-to-sector copy. Quick copy will only copy the used space. Sector-to-sector copy will copy the entire space.
3. Select the source disk that you want to copy.
4. Select the destination disk. For SSD, we can enable the automatic partition alignment.
5. We can edit the partition size or just skip this step.
6. Please note that in order to make OS bootable on the destination disk, please shut down the computer after disk copy is finished. Click Finish to proceed.
7. Here we back to the main interface. We can preview the destination SSD at the bottom. It's the same as the source disk. Click Apply button to continue.