Why Clone Windows 10 Hard Drive?
As time goes by, do you have a plan to upgrade your present drive to a bigger one for your computer? Generally speaking as the users of Windows 10, most of them have the plan. What’s more, they hope they can transfer their current system, applications and useful data together to the bigger hard drive. In this way, there is no need for them to reinstall them one by one again. But how can they do? Directly copy them one by one? Of course this is not the wise method due to it is time consuming. Furthermore, Windows may fail to boot, so is there a way to solve the problem?
Of course, there is a convenient way for you to solve the problem by cloning hard drive in Windows 10, which enables you to copy your present hard drive to another one.
How to Clone Hard Drive for Windows 10?
How to clone hard drive? The answer is using a free hard drive partition software - AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard, which devotes in disk management. Except clone partition in Windows 10, it can help you migrate OS to SSD, make bootable CD, Convert disk style between MBR and GPT. With this software, you can completely manage your disk partitions.
Step1: Download this free software, install, and open it. Choose Disk Copy Wizard on the left bar.
Step2: Select Copy Disk Quickly and then click Next.
- Copy disk quickly allows you to only copy the used space of the disk.
- Sector-by-sector copy enables you to copy all the sectors of the disk whether it is use or not.
Step3: Choose the hard drive you want to clone as resource disk (eg. Disk1). And then click Next.
Step4: Select destination disk (Disk 2) and click Next.
Step5: ClickYes to perform the operation.
- The deleted or lost files can only be copied to the destination hard drive with "Sector-by-Sector Copy" method.
- If the hard drive you want to clone contains system/boot partition, the operation will be completed under the “PreOS Mode”.
- You can choose “Optimize the performance of SSD”in Step4 to improve the reading and writing speed if the selected destination disk is an SSD storage.
It is well acknowledge that Disk Management in Windows 10 can’t help you clone your disk quickly, however with the help of AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard you can clone hard drive in Windows 10 without losing any data. This free but professional software is useful for your partition management. As a wise user, you can’t miss AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard. So just have a try.