For the users of Windows 10, you may usually come across the problems such as your computer is warned as low disk space, there is little free space in one partition while the other partition has enough free space, or you need to more partitions for storing your different data. In order to solve the problems, you may wonder to know that is there free partition magic for Windows 10 to manage my disks and partitions?
How to Manage Disks and Partitions in Windows 10?
With the daily increasing data, it has become more and more important for you to manage partitions reasonably in Windows 10. But when it comes to manage partitions, different people have different ideas, but there are commons ways introduced as follows:
Disk Management is a built-in tool in Windows 10/8/7 which allows you to create/delete/shrink/extend partition. There are many users who choose this software to manage their partition because it does not require you to download any third-party software. However, there is limitation in this tool. That is when you extending partition with this program, the feature is only available when there is unallocated space adjacent to the drive you want to expand.
In the following picture, you will find Extend Volume grayed out due to there is no unallocated space next to C drive. So the limitation will bring inconvenience for you. In this case, the only way to extend system partition is to delete the partition behind C: drive.
Windows 10 Partition Magic Software - AOMEI Partition Assistant
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard is a free partition software which can help you completely manage your partition. This software supports Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7/Vista and Windows XP, besides, it supports UEFI/EFI boot and MBR disk, GPT disk including 2TB+.With this software you can extend partition to improve low disk space or merge partitions to add the free space into the partition which has little space. In this way, you don’t need to worry the problems trouble you before.
- Resize Partition: change the size of a partition.
- Move Partition: change the location of a partition.
- Merge Partition: merge two partitions into one.
- Extend Partition: increase the size of the partition you want.
- Split Partition: divide a large size partition into two partitions.
- Migrate OS to SSD or HDD: transfer only operating system to SSD or HDD.
- Convert Disk between MBR and GPT: convert disk style from MBR to GPT or GPT to MBR.
- Make Bootable CD: Create Windows PE bootable media without having to install AIK/WAIK
- Windows To Go Creator: install Windows 8/8.1 into external drive.
Compared the ways used to manage partitions, there is no doubt that AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard is the partition magic for Windows 10, because it is much powerful than Disk Management and has no the limitation that trouble you in Disk Management. Therefore, you can download the free software and have a try.