Windows 10 failed to start
“Today I was ready to powered up my computer as usual, but found that the computer could not be started. The screen is black and an error message appears: Windows failed to start. The detail of the error is below:
So, what should I do to repair it? Is there any solutions to this problem? All the suggestions are greatly appreciated!”
Why Windows 10 failed to start?
Many computers may encounter the problem like Windows failed to start Windows 10 when they power up the computer. You may be puzzled about the reason of this problem, here list the common causes about the problem Windows failed to start Windows 10.
1. Too often compressed the hard disk.
2. The hard disk is not well cooled, resulting in too high temperature during operation.
3. Switching the machine incorrectly, to the voltage is unstable (such as frequent forced shutdown and so on.)
4. The Master Boot Manager is corrupted.
Solutions about Windows failed to start Windows 10
If you encountered windows 10 startup problems, you can follow the below text to boot your computer and fix the Windows:
Solution 1. Launch Startup Repair
As the screenshot above shows, there are two options for you: Launch Startup Repair (recommended) and Start Windows Normally. If it still not working after you tried the option “Start Windows Normally”, you can choose the first option “Launch Startup Repair” to fix the problem.
Choose “Launch Startup Repair (recommended)”, and follow the hints to finish the repair. If any problem is found, the Startup Repair will fix them automatically.
Solution 2. Repair MBR via Windows Installation Disk
If there has a Windows Installation Disk in hand, you can use it to repair MBR easily. The specific steps are as follows:
1. Connect the external disk to your computer. Shutdown the computer and insert the installation disk. Then boot the computer from the disc.
2. Select time. Language and keyboard input, click next.
3. Then, click Repair your computer in the lower-left corner.
4. Press Shift + F10 key combination to call put Command Prompt.
5. After that, type the drive letter of your external hard drive partition at the prompt, like F: , followed by a colon and press “Enter”.
6. Type these commands in sequence and press “Enter” after each.
7. Restart the machine when it completes.
If Windows falls to the internal disk, you’ll need to change boot priority to the installation disk in BIOS.
If Shift + F10 combination does not work, try this approach with the installation disk.
Solution 3. Repair MBR with third party repair tool
Besides repair MBR via Windows Installation Disk, you can also repair MBR by third party tool. Thus you can easily solve the problem about Windows 10 boot failure. Here AOMEI Partition Assistant is highly recommended. It is a powerful partition manger with many powerful functions like Rebuild MBR., and you can use it to solve the problem about Windows 10 failed to start easily.
1. What you need to prepare is a working computer, and download AOMEI Partition Assistant.
2. Use AOMEI Partition Assistant to create a bootable media (USB, CD/DVD).
3. Insert the bootable device you created before to the computer that Windows failed to start Windows 10, and boot the computer from the bootable media. It will get into AOMEI Partition Assistant automatically.
The specific steps of rebuild MBR are as follows:
Step 1. Right click the system disk and select “Rebuild MBR” in the pop-up window.
Step 2. Then, set the type of MBR for the current OS. (Choose a proper MBR type according to your operating system.) And click “OK” to continue.
Step 3. After that, click “Apply” > “Proceed” to commit Rebuild MBR operation
After this operation finished, unplug the bootable media and restart the computer.
1. “Rebuild MBR” only can solve problems like corruption of the MBR code. It cannot solve the problem about the operating system cannot be booted which because of the bootable file losing or system file losing.
2. The operation of “Rebuild MBR” is without data loss, but improperly rebuild MBR may also cause your computer unbootable. You’d better learn more relevant knowledge before you do this operation.
Now, you know how to solve the problem about Windows failed to start Windows 10. AOMEI Partition Assistant can be the best MBR repair tool. Besides Rebuild MBR, it also has many other magical functions such as Format Partition, Migrate OS to SSD and so on. If you find there are not enough space on c drive, you can upgrade to AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional to solve this problem.