Merge Server 2003 Partitions for More Space
Situation: “My computer prompts me that C drive is running out of space. I would like to have any suggestions on what software I can use to get more space. At the moment I have windows Server 2003 that I’m running and I would like to extend my system partition without reinstalling Windows 2003 server.” I find this situation from Microsoft forum; here you can know this user want to extend partition Server 2003 for solving C drive low disk space problem.
Maybe many users meet this situation. In fact, when meeting this problem, to ensure Server runs smoothly and improve computer performance, the common way to get free space is to merge Server 2003 partitions into one by some tools.
How to merge partitions in Server 2003?
Disk Management cannot merge partitions
Usually, users will merge two individual partitions into one partition, because one partition is too small so it cannot store more data. Disk Management is the preferred method for indirect partition merge if your system is Windows7/8 /Server 2008/2012. That is to say, by split and extend volume feature can achieve a same aim to get more space with merge partitions. However, in Windows Server 2003, the Disk Management cannot do this task.
Partition Software for merging partitions
When meeting the above situation, how would you like to do? Don’t worry. You can choose a third software, AOMEI Partition Assistant Server, is designed for small and medium businesses, can provide you powerful functions in managing disk and partition, such as resize partition, create partition, extend partition, move partition, merge partition, split partition and so on disk-related tasks. In partition merging, this excellent software can give you a simple, easy and fast way to merge partitions Server 2003 without repartition.
How to Merge Partitions with AOMEI Partition Assistant?
During merge partitions under Windows Server 2003, or other Servers, or PCs, there are two situations, one is that there is no unallocated space, another is there is some unallocated space. As for the two situations, the way to merge partitions is not all the same.
Case1: When there is no unallocated space
If there is no unallocated space in disk, you can merge two adjacent partitions to expand your C drive.
1. Launch AOMEI Partition Assistant Server and go to its main interface. Right click C drive and select “Merge Partitions”.
2. Then you can merge two adjacent partitions into a bigger one. Here merge d into c drive. From the below screenshot, e drive cannot be chose to merge with c drive, because the merged partitions must be adjacent. If you want to merge c with e, you can move partition to let e drive behind c, and then you can do this operation.
3. After do this operation, you can see new size of system partition c drive. Click “Apply” to execute the task.
Case 2: Merge c drive with unallocated space.
When there is some unallocated space, you can merge the unallocated space with c drive by AOMEI Partition Assistant Server. Here let’s look at the steps about merge Server 2003 partitions with unallocated space.
1. Right click c drive and click” merge partitions”.
2. You can merge c with the unallocated space. Click “Ok”.
3. Click “Apply” to finish this operation.
- If there is no unallocated space, in addition to merge two adjacent partitions, you can also allocate free space to system partition.
- Before you merge partitions in Server 2003, you’d better backup your important data by AOMEI Backupper
- You can merge data partition into system partition, but cannot merge system partition into data partition.
This article tells you how to merge partitions Server 2003 quickly and safely under the help of AOMEI Partition Assistant Server. By do this management operation; you can solve your low disk space problem well. Download AOMEI Partition Assistant Server.