Disk Management in Windows Server 2003
Do you buy a new computer which install Windows Server 2003 system? If you do it, you may find its partition is only one, which is the system partition. At this time, you must ask why this situation occurs, how to create more partitions if you want to store large and various kinds of data. After calm down, Disk Management may be chosen to shrink c drive in Server 2003 and then create partitions. However, when you open Disk Management, and right click c drive, there is not shrink volume and create partition feature, that is to say, Windows Server 2003 Disk Management fails to shrink system partition for Server 2003.
Third-party Partition Software can Split C drive in Server 2003
When meeting this problem, how to solve and create new partition in Server 2003 successfully? Don’t worry. One third software can give you a favor in disk and partition management. In the market, there are many kinds of software can help manage your disks and partitions, which one to choose? Here AOMEI Partition Assistant Server is recommendable for users. As an excellent, professional and powerful server disk and partition manager, it can provide many functions, such as create/split/extend/merge/move/resize partition, clone disk/partition, OS migration and so on. As for split c drive Server 2003 to create many new partitions for data storage, it is a professor.
AOMEI Partition Assistant to Split C drive
How to split c drive on Server 2003? In fact, with an easy-to-operate interface of AOMEI Partition Assistant Server, it is easy to split system partition in Server 2003 for create partitions. Here is the guidance.
1. Launch AOMEI Partition Assistant Server and open it. Here you can see there is only one C drive. Right click C drive, and select “Split Partition”.
2. Then you can split c drive to create a new partition. Under the below screenshot, you can specify the size and the location of the new partition. In addition, there is another setting which can support partition alignment to optimize the performance of SSD. Then click “OK”.
3. After split system partition, you can see there are two partitions, C drive and E drive. And C drive has a large size. Click “Apply” to finish this operation.
- If you need more than two partitions, you can continue to do according to the above steps. This way can let you easily and quickly split Server 2003 partition to get more partitions.
- If your Server 2003 system has been repartitioned to many partitions, if your data partitions are small, but system partition has much unused space, you can split c drive to create a new partition to store data.
In conclusion, this software can solve your problem quickly and split c drive Server 2003 to ensure that you can have enough partitions for different data. Download AOMEI Partition Assistant Server.