What is M. 2 NVMe SSD?
M.2, originally known as NGFF (Next Generation Form Factor), is a new form factor specification for Solid State Drive. Compared with the traditional mSATA standard, it comes with smaller size, faster reading and writing speed, better compability with thin, power-constrained devices such as Ultrabook and tablet computer.
The NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) is a host controller interface and storage protocol. It allows host hardware and software to fully exploit the levels of parallelism in SSD drives. So it can improve the IOPS performance. Besides, it can help reduce latency significantly.
Therefore, an SSD that adopts the M.2 form factor and NVMe interface protocol is called as M.2 NVMe SSD drive.
When need a M.2 NVMe SSD duplicator?
In the following situations, you might need an M.2 NVMe SSD duplicator to copy the SSD drive to another one.
Want to upgrade the M.2 SSD to a larger hard drive if it is too small to hold more new and necessary programs.
Plan to replace the current M.2 SSD drive with a good hard drive when the original SSD drive is failing and not working as normal.
Look to keep a backup handy for effortless data recovery after something bad happens to the M.2 SSD drive.
Great M.2 NVMe SSD duplicator for Windows PC
Although there are countless M.2 SSD cloners that claim to be able to clone SSD to another hard drive successfully, AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional stands out relying on many highlights including:
● It offers a “Clone Disk Quickly” method, enabling you to clone larger disk to smaller disk as long as the destination disk is bigger than the used space of the source disk.
● It provides the "Sector-by-Sector Clone" method, which copies every sector from one disk to another, and it is suitable for cloning BitLocker hard drive.
● It supports making 4K alignment on SSD partitions during the cloning process if your destination disk is an SSD drive, which can help optimize SSD reading and writing performance.
● If the M.2 NVMe SSD you want to clone is the system disk, you can smoothly boot your machine from the cloned disk as long as you choose the right boot mode for your disk partition table (MBR or GPT).
How to clone M.2 NVMe SSD drive in Windows 10/8/7?
Here is the tutorial on how to clone M.2 NVMe SSD to another hard drive in Windows 10/8/7 computer.
✍ Preliminary Work:
1. Connect the destination disk to your Windows PC and make sure it is detected.
2. If the destination disk is not that large to hold all data on the source M.2 NVMe SSD drive, you can remove unnecessary apps from the source disk to make it easier to fit into the target disk.
3. The cloning process will erase the destination hard drive, so back up important files in advance.
4. You can download the free AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro Demo Version to have a try.
Top M.2 NVMe SSD Duplicator | AOMEI Partition Assistant
Clone M.2 NVMe SSD to another hard drive (SSD/HDD). Support most of
SSD brands, such as Kingston, SanDisk, Samsung, Crucial etc.
Step 1. Connect the destination disk to your computer and ensure it is detected. Install and double click the M.2 SSD cloning software. Click "All Tools" and then select "Disk Clone Wizard".
Step 2. Choose a proper copying method based on your situation. Click "Next".
Step 3. Select the source disk (M.2 NVMe SSD) and click "Next".
Step 4. Select the destination disk to contain all data from the M.2 NVMe SSD drive, if it is also an SSD, you can tick "Optimize the performance of SSD" and click "Next".
Step 5. If you choose the first copying method before, now you can change partition size on the destination disk. Then click "Next" to continue.
Step 6. Then you will receive a note on how to boot from the cloned disk afterwards. Read it carefully and click "Finish".
Step 7. Back to the main interface; hit on "Apply" and "Proceed" to commit the pending operation.
If you are cloning the system M.2 NVMe SSD drive, you also need to restart the PC, enter BIOS and change boot order to make the computer boot from the destination disk.
Under the help of this powerful M.2 NVMe SSD duplicator, it can be an easy task to clone M.2 NVMe SSD to another hard drive. Besides, it also offers many other advanced functions, such as migrating only OS drive to SSD/HDD, converting system disk between MBR and GPT without deleting partitions, restoring deleted system or data partitions, and more.
To enjoy such amazing features or clone M.2 NVMe SSD on Windows Server computer, you can try AOMEI Partition Assistant Server.