- Some of the new features are only available in paid versions. To learn more, please visit
- If you have any ideas or suggestions about AOMEI Partition Assistant, please don't hesitate to
tell us via Email, or leaving your
message in Facebook,
Twitter, and the
function you demand will be a part of this software one day.
(July 17, 2019)
- Optimized task list pane.
- Optimized the interaction pattern in a restart mode.
- Added: HOVER effect on disk list and disk panel.
- Added: Ring display for disk and partition capacity.
(April 30, 2019)
- Fixed issue: error code 5 occurs when migrating OS under Windows PE or Native.
- Fixed issue: error code 305 occurs when formatting exFAT to other file systems.
- Fixed issue: the program crashes because the interface doesn't refresh in time after registration.
(January 25, 2019)
- Brand-new user interface: a more modernized look and feel.
- Fixed issue: the program crashes or hangs when performing operations under PreOS mode.
- Fixed issue: the Desktop shortcut icon lost.
(November 6, 2018)
- Optimized installation package of AOMEI Partition Assistant.
- Added Languages: Arabic, Dutch (Belgium)
(October 16, 2018)
- Optimized text display for some interfaces.
- Windows To USB has added to the Windows To Go Creator feature, which is for migrating current
system to USB devices and enabling booting from the target movable devices.
(September 27, 2018)
- Optimized user interface.
- Fixed some random issues.
(August 23, 2018)
Enhanced "Wipe Hard Drive": added Fill sectors with random data, DoD 5220.22-M, and Gutmann wiping methods.
- Enhanced "Delete Partition": added Fill sectors with random data, DoD 5220.22-M, and
Gutmann wiping methods when deleting partition.
(April 24, 2018)
- Support to automatically restart computer into Windows PE mode to perform operations.
- Support Linux EXT4 file system, including create, delete, format, move, and copy EXT4
- Fixed issue: the program hangs when sector-by-sector copying a partition larger than 1TB data.
- Fixed issue: the program crashes when performing "Quick Partition" with 4K alignment on a MBR disk larger than 2TB.
- Fixed issue: RAM unreadable occurs when performing disk conversions between MBR and GPT under
Windows PE mode.
- Fixed issue: computer won't boot or displays BSOD after resizing or moving system partition
under PreOS mode.
- Fixed issue: OS won't boot after migrating to another HDD or SSD under PreOS mode.
- Fixed issue: computer won't boot after converting system disk between MBR and GPT under PreOS
(November 23, 2017)
- Support exFAT file system, including create, delete, format, move, and copy exFAT partition.
- The Windows PE bootable media created on 64-bit system support both UEFI and Legacy BIOS boot
- Remove the limitation to resize/move system boot partition in Windows 10, version 1703 and
(August 21, 2017)
- Added "SSD Secure Erase Wizard": securely
erase your SSD to reset the SSD to its factory state for peak performance.
- Enhanced Windows To Go Creator: support to choose a system in WIM file.
- For safety, add limitation to resize/move boot partition in Windows 10, version 1703 and later
under Windows and PreOS environments. However, there is no limitation under Windows PE
- Fixed issue: in rare cases, error code 6 occurs during conversion between MBR and GPT.
- Fixed issue: an encrypted disk will be initialized.
- Fixed some other known issues.
(April 21, 2017)
- Added "Integrate to Recovery
Environment" wizard: allows you to add AOMEI Partition Assistant and/or AOMEI Backupper into
the recovery environment of current system.
- Enhanced Windows To Go Creator: support to install Windows 7 onto a USB flash drive or a
(December 29, 2016)
- Support to create second Ext2/Ext3
partition on SD cards and USB flash drives without formatting.
- Fixed issue: drivers are not digitally signed with EV certificate on Windows 10 Anniversary
(December 12, 2015)
- Enhanced GPT to MBR disk conversion: support to convert a GPT disk that has more than 4
partitions to MBR disk.
- Fully clone system disk between MBR and GPT partition styles and ensure system is able to boot
from destination disk (e.g. clone system disk from GPT to MBR, MBR to GPT, GPT to GPT, MBR to
- Enhanced the ability of Windows PE bootable disc to recognize devices: automatically integrate
existing hardware drivers of current system into Windows PE when creating.
- Added an option to manually add hardware drivers into Windows PE bootable disc when creating.
- Added an option to choose "Quick Partition" when right click on a disk so that make "Quick
Partition" easy to use.
- Added a function to check the charge of a laptop before disk partitioning to prevent abnormal
- Fixed a random issue: system is unable to boot after OS migration.
- Fixed a random issue: display Code:12 when performing partition operations under PreOS mode.
- Fixed a random issue: display Code:2 - failed to assign a drive letter.
- Fixed a random issue: the program stuck at System Updating.
- Fixed a random issue of disk clone.
- Fixed the issue of progress display when performing partition operations from command prompt.
(September 24, 2015)
- Added command line partitioning support for
resize/move partitions without data loss, create partitions, delete partitions, format
partitions and other partition operations.
- Added Quick Partition: very convenient and
especially designed for users who need to partition a hard drive regularly or create the same
partition layout for large quantities of computers.
- Enhanced Windows To Go Creator: support to install
Windows 10 onto a USB flash drive or a removable disk.
(August 12, 2015)
- Fixed issue: display text message in Windows 10.
(February 10, 2015)
- Updated Languages: German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, and Hungarian.
- Added Languages: Dutch, Turkish, and Chinese Traditional.
(January 22, 2015)
- Support the latest Windows 10.
- Fixed issue: Mac partition recognized as unallocated space.
- Fixed issue: Autochk program unavailable after partitioning Windows 8/8.1.
(November 28, 2014)
- Added an option for OS migration: support for migrating system to destination disk directly.
- Added an option for OS migration: keep the partition style of destination disk consistent with
- Fixed random issue: unable to boot Windows from destination disk after OS migration.
(August 08, 2014)
- Enhanced Windows To Go Creator: add support for Windows 8/8.1 ESD installation (install.esd)
- Improved NTFS to FAT32 Converter: add support for checking and repairing errors in partition
- Enhanced safety of merging partitions: make a check during merging for ensuring all files have
been successfully copied.
- Fix the random problem of "Loading system" when partitioning Windows 8.
(December 03, 2013)
- Convert system disk between MBR and GPT styles. [paid]
- Migrate system to SSD and support MBR and GPT disk. [paid]
- Windows To Go Creator, installing Windows 8 to removable flash drive.
- Create Windows PE bootable media without having to install AIK/WAIK.
- Completely support hard disk with 4096 bytes sector size.
- Fully compatible with Windows 8.1.
- Improvements in quality and some bug fixes.
- Support multiple languages, including English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and
- Support Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Partition Alignment: Align partition to boost performance and lifespan of disk.
- Rebuild MBR: Rebuild MBR to repair or add boot code.
- OS Migration Wizard: Migrate OS to SSD/HDD with simple wizard.
- Partition Recovery Wizard: Recover lost or deleted partitions with ease.
- Make Bootable CD Wizard: Manage disk partitions under WinPE 3.0 disk.
- GPT&MBR Conversions: Convert GPT disk to MBR disk without data losing and vice. versa.
- Linux partition management: Create, delete, format, wipe, copy, recover Ext2/Ext3 partition,
- Change partition type ID.
- Change serial number.
- Allocate Free Space
- Merge two partitions
- Split one big partition into two or more.
- Convert primary partition to logical and vice versa.
- Convert FAT partition to NTFS
- Improved algorithm to ensure a faster and safer process of resizing/moving partition.
- Support GPT disk up to 4TB and USB flash drive.
- Compatible with Windows 8 Developer Preview, Windows Home Server 2011 and Windows Small Business
- Disk Copy Wizard.
- Partition Copy Wizard.
- Wipe single hard disk.
- Surface Test.
- Wipe Partition.
- Fully support Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit and Windows Server 200, 2016 64-bit
- Resize/Create/Delete/Hide/Convert/Label partition, Extend Partition Wizard, Change Drive Letter,
Set Active Partition, Check Errors.
- Shrink Volume.
- Extend Volume.