Need to format (HP) USB drive
HP USB flash drives become a popular choice for transferring or saving kinds of data like documents, personal information and etc. You might need a HP USB format tool to format USB drive under one of situations below.
1. If your disk is write-protected, you can format it to remove the write protection.
2. When you meet USB flash drive showing 0 bytes, you can format it to restore the normal capacity.
3. If your operating system cannot recognize the current file system of the USB disk, you also need to reformat it to a compatible file system.
4. When you want to clean the disk or free up space on the drive, formatting is also a great choice.
HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool
When it comes to choosing HP USB format tool for Windows 7 64 bit or 32 bit, most users would go for HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool. It is a Windows-based format utility. It can format any USB Flash drive in FAT, FAT32, or NTFS file systems and make bootable disk by specifying a file location. Seems like a perfect option, but it has some limitations you should pay attention to since they would prevent you from successfully formatting hard drives.
1. You have to launch this formatting tool in a way: right click the HPUSBDisk.exe icon on your desktop and select Run as administrator. Otherwise, you cannot start the tool properly.
2. The HPUSB disk format tool works great in Windows 7, but when you upgrade to Windows 10, you might receive the error “failed to format the device” during formatting your USB stick.
3. If you try to format write-protected disk using this software, you will get an error message saying: Device media is write-protected.
In those cases, you may need to find an HP USB disk storage format tool alternative for Windows.
Best Alternative to HPUSB Disk Storage Format Tool
Among all alternatives to HP USB Disk Storage Format tool, AOMEI Partition Assistant stands out relying on its versatility, compatibility and clear interface. Apart from the functions HP USB disk Storage Format Tool offers, it is also able to format raw USB, read-only or corrupted disk on Windows 7/8/10 (64 bit and 32 bit). Next, let’s see how it format USB in a quick and easy way.
Step 1. Free download this format tool, install and launch it on your computer.
Step 2. In the main interface, right click on the USB drive or partition that you want to format and select “Format Partition”.
Step 3. In a pop out window, specify the file system and click “OK” to continue. Besides, you can also set partition label if necessary.
Step 4. Click “Apply” and “Proceed” to apply the pending operation.
AOMEI Partition Assistant is far more than a HP USB format tool for Windows 7/8/10 64 bit/32 bit. It comes with many other useful features, allowing you to completely control your hard disk and partitions. For example, the "Resize Partition" enables you to increase partition size to solve low disk space problems, and “NTFS to FAT32 Converter” allows you to convert NTFS to FAT32 without losing data. Moreover, if you want to experience more advanced features, you can try AOMEI Partition Assistant Professional edition.