Why clone partition in Windows 8?
It is difficult to say that your disk partitions of Windows 8 will never suffer unexpected disaster. To prevent your data loss from system crash or some other accidental issues, cloning Windows 8 partition enables you to create an exact copy of data from one partition to another partition or hard drive. There is also another benefit you can enjoy by cloning partition in Windows 8: When one of the partitions, especially the system drive, is in low disk space, you can copy the system into a new hard drive that with large storage and improve computer performance in Windows 8.
In order to protect your files in case of some unforeseen circumstances, "clone partition Windows 8" can help you have a complete copy of a partition. What's more, if there is no free space in your system partition to update Windows 8, you can buy a new hard drive, clone the system partition and easily solve the problem of updating Windows 8.
How to clone Windows 8 partition with AOMEI Partition Assistant?
How to clone Windows 8 disk partition? There is a lot of partition related software in the market that can really make sense. Some is free, while some needs to pay expenses. Here recommend a piece of free yet powerful partition management software – AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard. It is specially designed for common users, with a bundle of practical features. With the aid of AOMEI Partition Assistant, you can realize the goal of "clone partition" simply and securely by two means:
- Copy Partition Quickly: this function only copies the used part of the drive, and also it supports the option of resize partition so as to suit the target partition.(usually, we choose this means.)
- Sector-by-sector Copy: this option intends to copy a complete partition, both the used part and the free part.
Then, it is a step-by-step guide to accomplish the task "clone partition Windows 8" with the help of AOMEI Partition Assistant. (It is an example of clone partition D.)
- Only the unallocated space can be selected as the destination partition, make sure you have one. If not, create an unallocated space that is large enough.
- The size of the unallocated space is determined by the clone method. If you choose "copy partition quickly", the unallocated space size must be equal or bigger than the used part of the source partition (partition F). If you choose "Sector-by-sector Copy", the size of the unallocated must be equal or bigger than the size of the source partition.
- If you want to clone system partition, when the program is executed, your computer will be restarted automatically to accomplish the operation under a PreOS mode.
Step 2: Launch AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard, right click the source partition D, select "Copy Partition".
Step 3: in the pop-up window, select "Copy Partition Quickly" as the copy method.
Step 4: choose the unallocated space as the destination partition in the next pop-up window.
Step 5: click "Next". Here, you can set the drive letter, resize the partition, etc.
Step 6: click "Finish", and at last click "Apply" on the toolbar of main interface to save all the operations.
That’s all, pretty easy, right? The process of Sector-by-sector copy is similar with Copy Partition Quickly. Just follow the guidance and you will find it straightforward.
Tips: AOMEI Partition Assistant is also fully compatible with the latest Windows 8.1, and the steps of cloning partition in Windows 8.1 are the same as those to clone partition in Windows 8.
Apart from the feature of "clone partition Windows 8", the magic partition tool, AOMEI Partition Assistant also has many other functions, such as, resize/move partition, merge partitions, split partitions, clone disk, allocate free space, dynamic disk management, etc. You can get detailed information about them at: /tutorials.html.