AOMEI Partition Assistant Changelogs
These change logs list details about updates & upgrades in each version of our software.
Version 6.1(December 29, 2016)
- Support to create second Ext2/Ext3 partition on SD cards and USB flash drives without formatting.
- Fixed issue: drivers are not digitally signed with EV certificate on Windows 10 Anniversary version.
Version 6.0(December 12, 2015)
- Enhanced GPT to MBR disk conversion: support to convert a GPT disk that has more than 4 partitions to MBR disk.
- Fully clone system disk between MBR and GPT partition styles and ensure system is able to boot from destination disk (e.g. clone system disk from GPT to MBR, MBR to GPT, GPT to GPT, MBR to MBR).
- Enhanced the ability of Windows PE bootable disc to recognize devices: automatically integrate existing hardware drivers of current system into Windows PE when creating it.
- Added an option to manually add hardware drivers into Windows PE bootable disc when creating it.
- Added an option to choose "Quick Partition" when right click on a disk so that make "Quick Partition" easy to use.
- Added a function to check the charge of a laptop before disk partitioning to prevent abnormal shutdown.
- Fixed a random issue: system is unable to boot after OS migration.
- Fixed a random issue: display Code:12 when performing partition operations under PreOS mode.
- Fixed a random issue: display Code:2 - failed to assign a drive letter.
- Fixed a random issue: the program stuck at System Updating.
- Fixed a random issue of disk clone.
- Fixed the issue of progress display when performing partition operations from command prompt.
Version 5.8(September 24, 2015)
- Added command line partitioning support for resize/move partitions without data loss, create partitions, delete partitions, format partitions and other partition operations.
- Added Quick Partition: very convenient and especially designed for users who need to partition a hard drive regularly or create the same partition layout for large quantities of computers.
- Enhanced Windows To Go Creator: support to install Windows 10 onto a USB flash drive or a removable disk.
Version 5.6.4(August 12, 2015)
- Fixed bug: display text message in Windows 10.
Version 5.6.3(February 10, 2015)
- Updated Languages: German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, and Hungarian.
- Added Languages: Dutch, Turkish, and Chinese Traditional.
Version 5.6.2(January 22, 2015)
- Support the latest Windows 10.
- Fixed issue: Mac partition recognized as unallocated space.
- Fixed issue: Autochk program unavailable after partitioning Windows 8/8.1.
Version 5.6 (November 28, 2014)
- Added an option for OS migration: support for migrating system to destination disk directly.
- Added an option for OS migration: keep the partition style of destination disk consistent with source disk.
- Fixed random bug: unable to boot Windows from destination disk after OS migration.
Version 5.5.8 (August 08, 2014)
- Enhanced Windows To Go Creator: add support for Windows 8/8.1 ESD installation (install.esd) file.
- Improved NTFS to FAT32 Converter: add support for checking and repairing errors in partition before converting.
- Enhanced safety of merging partitions: make a check during merging for ensuring all files have been successfully copied.
- Fix the random problem of "Loading system" when partitioning Windows 8.
Version 5.5 (December 03, 2013)
- Convert system disk between MBR and GPT styles. [paid]
- Migrate system to SSD and support MBR and GPT disk. [paid]
- Windows To Go Creator, installing Windows 8 to removable flash drive.
- Create Windows PE bootable media without having to install AIK/WAIK.
- Completely support hard disk with 4096 bytes sector size.
- Fully compatible with Windows 8.1.
- Improvements in quality and some bug fixes.
- Support multiple languages, including English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Chinese.
- Support Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Partition Alignment: Align partition to boost performance and lifespan of disk.
- Rebuild MBR: Rebuild MBR to repair or add boot code.
- OS Migration Wizard: Migrate OS to SSD/HDD with simple wizard.
- Partition Recovery Wizard: Recover lost or deleted partitions with ease.
- Make Bootable CD Wizard: Manage disk partitions under WinPE 3.0 disk.
- GPT&MBR Conversions: Convert GPT disk to MBR disk without data losing and vice. versa.
- Linux partition management: Create, delete, format, wipe, copy, recover Ext2/Ext3 partition, etc.
- Change partition type ID.
- Change serial number.
- Allocate Free Space
- Merge two partitions
- Split one big partition into two or more.
- Convert primary partition to logical and vice versa.
- Convert FAT partition to NTFS
- Improved algorithm to ensure a faster and safer process of resizing/moving partition.
- Support GPT disk up to 4TB and USB flash drive.
- Compatible with Windows 8 Developer Preview, Windows Home Server 2011 and Windows Small Business Server 2011.
- Disk Copy Wizard.
- Partition Copy Wizard.
- Wipe single hard disk.
- Surface Test.
- Wipe Partition.
- Fully support Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit and Windows Server 200, 2016 64-bit operating systems.
- Resize/Create/Delete/Hide/Convert/Label partition, Extend Partition Wizard, Change Drive Letter, Set Active Partition, Check Errors.
- Shrink Volume.
- Extend Volume.
- Some of the above features are only available in the paid version. To learn more, please go to edition comparison.
- If you have any ideas or suggestions about AOMEI Partition Assistant, please don’t hesitate to tell us via Email, or leaving your message in Facebook, Twitter, and the function you demand will be a part of this software one day.