Check Error Before Doing The Partitioning Operation
To perform some operations, such as resize partition, split partition or merge partition safely and successfully, it's necessary to check the partition in advance. The major function of "Check Partition" is to find errors in the file system to ensure the integrity of your data. With the help of partition checking function, you can find the errors in time and then find a remedy. AOMEI Partition Assistant can not only help you find the errors in the file system but also help you fix the errors.
How To Check Partition
- Check partition and fix errors in this partition by using chkdsk.exe
- Check partition for errors by using chkdsk.exe
- Check whether there is bad sector on the partition
To Check and Fix the Partition
- You can use chkdsk.exe to check the partition that has a drive letter only. For the partition with no drive letter, you need to assign a drive letter for it before using chkdsk.exe.
- Depending on the size of the partition, this process might take several minutes.
- As for Check whether there is bad sector on the partition, the operation steps are also similar to those two involved above. The little differences are that you need to choose Check whether there is bad sector on the partition in the second step and when you click OK, a window will pop out to let you confirm the decision you have made. At this moment, you just need to press Start button to begin the operation. It will show you how it is going and many details such as where the bad sectors are located and how long the time it has already taken. This option is the fastest one of the three. Besides, it will be faster by ticking Quick Check in the pop-out window.
- You'd better close all other running programs when checking partitions with AOMEI Partition Assistant because they might be closed accidentally if AOMEI Partition Assistant recognize them.